Recruitment for Content Matter Expert
Licensure Examination Development
The Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (Board) and the Office of Professional Examination Services (OPES) are recruiting licensed psychiatric technicians (PTs) to assist with development of the California Psychiatric Technician Licensure Examination.
We are looking for PTs with various levels of experience and from diverse practice settings to serve as subject matter experts (SMEs) in examination development workshops in Sacramento. PTs with less than 3 years of experience are especially needed for item review and passing score workshops to ensure that the licensure examination maintains an entry-level perspective.
To participate, a licensed PT must:
- Be employed a minimum of 20 hours per week as a licensed PT in California
- Have no previous or pending disciplinary actions with the Board.
The Board provides compensation for participation in workshops:
- For item writing, item review, and examination construction workshops, licensees are compensated at the same hourly wage rate they earn at their current place of employment.
- For passing score workshops, licensees receive a $200 per day honorarium.
- In addition, participants receive reimbursement for meals and other approved travel expenses incurred while attending a workshop.
If you are interested in providing expert consultant services to the Board and you meet the above requirements, please complete and submit an Expert Examiner Application, along with a cover letter outlining why you would like to participate in the program. Include a current resume. Mail your packet to the Board at the address listed below.Board of Vocational Nursing & Psychiatric Technicians
ATTN: Jessica Gomez NEC
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive
Sacramento, CA 95833