Pocket Card Discontinuation
As of September 15, 2017, the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians will discontinue the issuance of pocket cards to its licensees. Visit http://search.dca.ca.gov anytime to verify the status of a license.
Quick Facts Regarding License Verification and Renewal
- The title “Vocational Nurse” or “Psychiatric Technician” cannot be used unless licensed to practice in the State of California.
- The Board recommends that employers of licensed vocational nurses and/or psychiatric technicians verify licensure in California.
- The California Department of Consumer Affairs´ (DCA) BreEZe Online Services is a primary source for verification of vocational nurse and psychiatric technician licensure.
- All vocational nurse and psychiatric technician license information is included within the DCA BreEZe Online Services.
- Courtesy renewal notices are mailed approximately 90 days prior to the license expiration date. All licensees are required to timely renew their license whether or not they receive a renewal notice from the Board.
- Renewals can be submitted online using the DCA BreEZe Online Services.
- The DCA BreEZe Online Services is updated in real-time as a license is renewed.