The mission of the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (Board) is to protect the public. Public protection is paramount to the Board and its highest priority in exercising its licensing, regulatory and disciplinary functions.
To ensure that only qualified persons are licensed vocational nurses and psychiatric technicians by enforcing education requirements, standards of practice and by educating consumers of their rights.
The Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT) will NEVER call our licensees requesting ANY type of payment. Please do not give out personal or credit card information to anyone over the telephone if they say they are calling from BVNPT. Thank you.
- Respiratory Care Board of California and Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians Joint Statement Update – May 2019
- Respiratory Care Board of California and Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians Joint Statement
- Recap of the Stakeholder Conference Calls
- ATTENTION: Brightwood College Students –Updated 1/10/19
- Updated Fee Schedule as of January 1, 2019
- New Fee FAQ
- Recruitment for Content Matter Expert
- Monitor Reports
- Application Processing Times
Upcoming Board Meetings
Upcoming Committee Meetings
Related Business Links
- State of California Home Page
Contains an index of internet addresses for all departments within the State of California that are currently online.
- Department of Consumer Affairs Entities
Contains an index of internet addresses for all departments within the Department of Consumer Affairs that are currently online.
- Board of Registered Nursing
- BreEZe Help Tutorials
- California Healthcare Association
- California Nurses Association
- California Prison Health Care Services
- California Vocational Nurse Educators
- Department of Health Care Services
- Department of Managed Health Care
- Department of Public Health
- The Licensed Vocational Nurses League of California
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing, Inc.